Effective Date: Aug 5, 2020
What personal data does bandcamper store?
Bandcamper collects the following information in order to function properly:
- Bandcamp account data: Bandcamp account information such as the username, email address and photograph or other likeness that you supply to Bandcamp in connection with your Bandcamp user account. No password information is collected.
- Bandcamp profile page and download data: URL information relating to your fan profile pages on the Bandcamp website and the items you download from it.
- Settings data: The information you provide on Bandcamper's own settings page.
We will also collect and retain any communication you send to us directly.
What does Bandcamper use your data for?
Bandcamper uses your Bandcamp account and URL data to identify your profile page and provide the appropriate functionality thereon. The user's full name, username, email address, profile image and bandcamp banner image are also displayed on the extension popup to provide the user with convenient access to this information and to integrate Bandcamper's user interface with the Bandcamp website.
How does Bandcamper collect personal data about you?
We collect data from the following sources:
- The Bandcamp server: Bandcamp sends personal information relating to your Bandcamp account to the browser whenever you navigate to a page on their website while you are signed in. Bandcamper collects and uses this information in order to provide its own services.
- Directly from you: Bandcamper collects information about downloads you make on the bandcamp website, as well as the settings information you provide on Bandcamper's settings page.
How is your personal data stored?
Bandcamper does not send any data to a remote server, and personal information is stored on the user's hard drive only, using the browser's own storage mechanism. Data will be stored until the user uninstalls the Bandcamper extension.
How will Bandcamper share the personal data it receives?
We do not share your data with anyone.
Is your data secure?
The user's personal information is stored in unencrypted format on the user's own hard drive. Responsibility for its protection therefore falls on the user. To protect the security of your data you should limit access to your computer and protect it with appropriate passwords.
What rights do you have regarding your personal data?
You have the right to know what personal information we collect about you. Please contact us at the address given below to learn how you can view this information.
How can you see what data Bandcamper stores on your machine?
Contact us at the email address below for information on how to view the data stored by Bandcamper on your machine.
Does Bandcamper Collect Children’s Data?
Does Bandcamper transfer your personal data abroad?
No personal information is transferred away from your computer by bandcamper.
How to contact us